Court of Appeal

The Court of Appeal deals with cases where people wish to challenge the decision of a Crown Court.

It is possible to appeal a conviction and it is also possible to appeal a sentence.

An appeal is a two stage process. A request for permission to appeal needs to be lodged before a Single Judge and if that is granted, the case proceeds to a hearing before the full Court.

If you have already been convicted or sentenced at a Crown Court then it is highly likely that you will already have representation and we would suggest contact is made initially with your current representatives. You are entitled to a written Advice on Appeal from your Crown Court Advocate.

If you feel particularly strongly that you have been made subject to a miscarriage of justice, then we may be able to assist.